Worried about children and young people?

If you suspect a child or young person is in trouble then you should report it to the social services, where it will be dealt with anonymously. Being anonymous means you don’t need to provide your name or telephone number and you can even report it via email. It’s also important to think about why you want to remain anonymous. Social services’ contact with the family is often made easier if we can say where this information came from.

What happens after an application or a report being made?

An application or a report often leads to an investigation of the family situation. The child’s/young person’s best interests are always prioritized when considering the need for support. The family and social services often agree about what help the family, child or young person needs.

All social services’ staff work confidentially. Only the people affected have the right to access the outcome of the investigation.

Where do I turn?

Don’t hesitate to contact our unit if you suspect a child or young person is in trouble. The unit’s phone number is 035-13 78 88.


Sidan uppdaterad: 2013-09-27

Dela med andra

Barn och ungdomsavdelningen
035-13 78 88

Kontakta Halmstads kommun

Halmstads kommun
Box 153
301 05 Halmstad

035-13 70 00

Organisationsnr: 212000-1215

Följ Halmstads kommun